We believe in independent and adventurous visions, creative engagement and critical enquiry in sound and music practice in Aotearoa/NZ.
The Audio Foundation is a dedicated and professional space to support, promote and preserve these practices.
Our priority is to present and support the diversity of NZ practitioners exploring practices relating to sound. These practices span the areas of contemporary art, zine work, performance, video and more
Please see CONTACT for details on how to get hold of us.
Audio Foundation is situated in the sub-basement of the Parisian Tie Factory in Poynton Terrace. We have a performance space , low powered Radio Station on AFM 88.3 and online here, our MP3 and AV Library showcasing up to 60 days of NZ "avant garde" music and video, the Gallery space, Zine Library, Screening Room and a shop for underground NZ artists to sell their products to the wider public. Since opening as a hub we have presented numerous events including performances by local and international artists, regular exhibitions of art work relating to sound, panel discussions, workshops and film screening evenings.
AUDIO FOUNDATION AIMS
• To support and promote the creation, production, and dissemination of innovative New Zealand audio projects
• To foster and preserve an identity and history for NZ audio culture, and to promote this to the wider public
• To enable research, development and preservation of creative artistic potential primarily concerned with audio culture
• To facilitate access, engagement and connection from the audio community to the wider arts community
• To maintain and provide a professional integrity through sustained communication, delivery of programs, facilitation and successful initiatives of all kinds